Site speed is critical as it improves user experience, leading to higher conversion rates. At the same time, Google has factored in site speed for search ranking. All your marketing effort and investment will not be as effective with a site that loads rather slowly. Read here to understand what causes your page to load slowly.
Wooassist can perform a page speed audit and/or implement ecommerce speed optimization for your website:
1. Page speed audit tasks for 1 hour:
- Page speed analysis. Using available tools, we will test run your site’s speed, and provide you with the results and a useful analysis thereof .
- Image analysis. We also look at if images are the bottleneck to making your site load rather slow. High-resolution images may look great, but when you’re loading a 2MB image, it’s going to do more harm than good.
2. Our 5-point page speed optimization service deals with the following areas:
- .htacess file optimization. This is a special configuration file that controls how your website will react to various actions performed by your site visitors. We will do compression and caching specific to this file alone.
- Caching. Caching is storing your dynamic content in the server as static content. Serving static content is faster as opposed to dynamic content, which means longer page load times. While .htaccess caching is server-side, this caching is done client-side.
- Minification. Developers make codes with a lot of white space so they are easier to read for humans. However, computers don’t need that white space as it makes reading them longer. Minification is removing all that white space and optimizing the code to make it easier for machines to make parsing the webpage faster.
- Optimization and Compression of CSS, JS and HTML files. We will compress these files to help decrease their loading time.
- Image Compression. We will setup a plugin that will compress your images which you can then do for the rest of the images or on future uploads.
Above tasks will take an estimate of 2-3 hours. Learn more about speed optimization.